Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WAS KAPI FOUNDED?
KAPI Limited was founded in 1964 as a formulator and manufacturer of pyrethrum based products. KAPI continues to formulate pyrethrum products as well as synthetic pyrethroid products.
- WHERE IS KAPI LOCATED?
Kapi has its main factory and offices at Kufanya Road-Industrial area Nakuru, half a kilometer away from Westside Mall. Refer to Google Maps. Kapi has opened a second factory within Nakuru that will specialize exclusively with pyrethrum based products
- WHAT PRODUCTS DOES KAPI MANUFACTURE/DISTRIBUTE?
Kapi Limited is a manufacturer and distributor of Household, Agricultural and Public health insecticides, as well as application equipment for insecticides
ARE ALL THE THREE DUDU-KRIN SHAMPOOS (ORIGINAL, GENTLE AND SUPER) INSECTICIDAL?
Yes! All three are formulated to kill ticks, fleas and lice on dogs and cats
- ARE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS DIFFERENT FOR DOGS AND CATS”
Yes! Please ensure you follow the instructions on each bottle. Cats require greater care and attention.
- HOW DO I APPLY DUDU-KRIN ON MY DOG?
- Wet your dog’s coat completely with water
- Apply a generous amount of Dudu-krin Shampoo and massage well into the dog’s coat.
- How long should Dudu-krin pet shampoo stay on my dog’s coat before rinsing off?
For best results, leave Dudu-krin on your dog for 15-30 minutes. Rinse well.
- How do I apply Dudu-krin on my cat?
Please carefully follow the instructions on the label. If you have any doubt or questions, contact us on the “Chat with Us” button below or call us on 0726 114 140
- For how long does one application of Dudu-krin pet shampoo protect the pet from ticks, fleas and lice?
One application of Dudu-krin pet shampoo protects your pet for 3 days.
DOES ANTI-BACTERIAL PET SHAMPOO KILL TICKS, FLEAS, AND LICE?
No. Anti-bacterial shampoo is formulated to clean the pet, leaving the coat with a pleasant smell while protecting your pet from harmful germs and bacteria.
DOES PALI 50WP CONTROL BEDBUGS?
Yes! PALI 50WP is very effective for control of bedbugs.
- Does PALI 50WP kill/control any other insects?
Yes! PALI 50WP kills a wide range of insects including mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches and bed bugs.
- How should I dilute PALI 50WP?
Dilution depends upon the target insect. Please see the instructions on the label. If you have questions, contact us on the “Chat with Us” button below or call us on 0726 114 140
- How should I apply PALI 50WP?
Please see the instructions on the label. If you have questions, contact us on the “Chat with Us” button below or call us on 0726 114 140
Please do follow instructions carefully. PALI 50WP is a powerful insecticide and the instructions must be followed.
- After how long should I re-apply PALI 50WP?
For mosquitoes and cockroaches’ control, re-apply after 4-6 months. For bedbug control, re-apply after 2-3 months. Please remember that PALI 50WP works by leaving a residual film on the walls or surfaces. If you clean the walls or surfaces you will dramatically reduce the period of efficacy
- Is PALI 50WP safe for application in rooms with children?
Yes! PALI 50WP is made with Deltamethrin which is W.H.O. approved for indoor residual spraying HOWEVER we recommend that you spray your walls at a height that your children will not ordinarily touch so that you prevent unnecessary contact with the insecticide
IS DUDUSPRAY A READY TO USE (RTU) PRODUCT?
Yes. Duduspray is a ready to use product and should NOT be diluted. Simply spray
- Is Duduspray safe for my young child?
Indeed! Duduspray is very gentle since it is purely made from pyrethrum. Apply to a room WITHOUT your child being in the room. Allow Duduspray to settle for 10 minutes. The room is now safe for your child to re-enter
HOW DO I USE MOSSI CHIPS?
- Remove a Mossi chip from a sealed packet.
- Plug the 3-pin electric vapouriser into an electrical socket and switch on. Pilot light indicates when vapouriser is “ON”
- Insert the Mossi chip into the top slot of the vapouriser unit so that it lies horizontally on top of ceramic plate.
- For a better result, close doors and windows for 30 minutes initially.
- How long does a Mossi Chip last for?
Mossi Chips are designed to be effective for 8-10 hours (for the duration of your sleep). A Mossi Chip can only be used once, for one night, then it must be discarded and a new Mossi Chip should be inserted.
- Where can Mossi Chips be used?
Mossi Chips are designed for use in your bedrooms and living areas. For your bedroom, plug in an hour before you go to bed. For your living area, plug in just as the light it fading.
- Do Mossi Chips come in different fragrances?
Yes. Lavender and Roman Chamomile is specifically formulated for the bedrooms – as lavender assists with sleep. Citronella, bergamot and geranium is formulated for living areas as the fragrance invigorates. We offer two other fragrances as well as a fragrance free Mossi Chip
WHAT IS THE PRE HARVEST INTERVAL (P.H.I) OF FLOWER DS 4EC?
Flower DS 4 EC has zero residues and offers zero day’s pre harvest interval.
- What is the rate of application for Flower DS 4 EC?
Use 1-2 litres of Flower DS 4 EC per hectare.
- Does Flower DS EC have phytotoxicity?
Trials have proven zero phytotoxicity on vegetables, fruits and flowers.
- What is the re-entry level of Flower DS 4 EC?
Workers may re-enter the green house as soon as the fog or mist has settled.
- What is the best time for application?
The best time for application is late in the evening or early in the morning.
- What are the target pests for Flower DS 4 EC?
All pests e.g. thrips, aphids, caterpillars, mites, mealy bugs
- Does Flower DS 4 EC have MRLs?
Flower DS 4 EC has zero residues.